Monday, November 14, 2005

Happy Anniversary To Us





Kelli and I have been married two years today.

She’s been sicker than a dog the past few days (which in our house is saying something) but looks to be rebounding slowly. Darn winter cold/flu season anyway.

~~

On another note, I think I was a bit too proud of the Red Hat Society piece. I left it up on top for a week because, honestly, I thought it was near genius. After a week, it seems barely clever. And nary a mention from either Susie Bright or Simon and Schuster. I didn’t expect Ariel Levy’s editor to get back to me but Susie’s answered an email before. Oh well, I still think she’s the bees-knees. She’s just a busy little sexpert.

And it’s not supposed to work the way I daydreamed anyway. I shouldn’t be “discovered” and given a huge advance because I’m so stinkin’ funny. I guess I should be working my butt off and polishing and editing and then whoring, whoring, whoring it to anyone who will read it.

For what it’s worth I’ve amassed a good 250 pages of stuff just in the blog. Tying things together (if possible) or expanding on one or two that could be folded together nicely would still yield a good amount of material. We’ll see where it goes.

Imagine me, a guy who thought he could write a little and decided to start a blog which forced me to write more often, in under a year I’ve got all these delusions of adequacy.

Oh well, dream big or why bother dreaming, huh?

More soon.

To everyone reading this: you rock. Of this I am sure.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the reflection of your nuptuals!

I am working on writing a review of sorts for the Henry Rollins Experience.

Anonymous said...

I know I always tell you, but you are a genius. Don't worry about them not responding *yet*....they will!
Happy Anniversary to you both!

LzZzZzZzz

Eric said...

R, J, and L - Thanks, you guys are the BEST!!

TEN33GIRL said...

Happy Anniversary!

Btw.....I know I'm just another blogger in this big bad world of blogging, but I think your page is awesome. Keep writing!! =D

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! I've just discovered your pages and think they're damn funny. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy,, you guys are inspiring. I think I will keep the ad running. LOL

Lois Lane said...

Happy anniversary to you two crazy kids! You know... about the red hat ladies... I wasn't thinking as dirty as you. I thought the red hat with the blue hair created the illusion of a purple dress. Oh hell, what do I know? You were propbably right.
Lois Lane

Anonymous said...

My condolences.

I use to say: love is blind, but marriage is helluva eye-opener!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary, to you and your girl. Hope she feels better soon.

I think your writing is great, and you are funny.. so I'll echo anonymous in encouraging you to keep plugging away
A~

Eric said...

Thanks guys (well, ladies and two guys).

Kelli's back in fighting form and things are getting back to normal with Bailey and Sugar.

Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!