Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Not Quite Halloween


Two separate callers today, on the business line and thankfully not 911, called to ask if it was okay to "trick or treat" tonight, since tomorrow is a Monday.

I suggested that, while the police department has no official policy on the practice of pagan rituals, it was not illegal to don a mask and ring your neighbor's door to ask for candy any ol' day.

I did caution them, however; that one would be less likely to be mistaken for a burglar and shot and/or pepper-sprayed if one did such a thing tomorrow night which is actually Halloween, but that the choice was up to them.

I do hope they choose wisely!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, I loooooove pepper spray on my Butterfinger candy bars!

Knina said...

*Waves from botb*

I'm glad to know the police up there are going the secular route.

Also, wanted to tell you I have a 2nd blog now...I'm not linking it at QL in order to avoid another mom related incident. So if you are nosey check it out. Not a lot happening yet, but it's pretty to look at.
http://musingmistress.blogspot.com

John Cowart said...

Some folks always want to jump the gun... There were some kids out as early as Friday this year.

Lindsey said...

the thing that amazes me about halloween, is that some cities/counties or whate have you announce a trick or treating time....what? a time limit?? I never had that as a kid, and no place I ever lived had a time alotment for the festivites. Kids came to your door when they wanted, and stopped when they got tired.
On the military base here there is a time frame from 6-8 that they can ask for treats at neighbors doors....I havent heard anything here in the city where I live....and my mother in law said they make a time limit in their city too....what is happening to halloween?? geesh

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
» » »

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info http://www.colorado-car-insurance-quote.info/Babyfastmoneyamazon.html http://www.whitesweater.info/Golden_1_credit_union_home_equity_loans.html http://www.cool-backpacks.info/Snorkel-jacket.html

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »