Monday, July 30, 2007

"Fire up the colortini, sit back, relax, and watch the pictures, now, as they fly through the air."


Tom Snyder
1936 - 2007

I remember Tom Snyder mostly on radio. I was too young to see him on the Tomorrow Show but he told some of the best Tomorrow stories on the radio.

Tom was something of a goof. He wasn't the hippest cat at the shin-dig but he was a likable goof. His performances on TV were called "ego-driven" by critics but on the radio he was much more self-deprecating. I like self-deprecating humor. It shows that there's a certain absence of malice. Plus radio is a more intimate medium.

Fire up the ol' colortini, Tom, and watch the angels, now, as they fly through the air.

3 comments:

Political Realm said...

I was always impressed by his storytelling ability. So dry and often hilarious. RIP

Anonymous said...

Aw, man!! That sucks - I liked him.

smussyolay said...

i had no idea until right now. gah.