Saturday, April 30, 2005

Self Loathing

I visit the Drudge Report at least once a day. I can’t help it. I'm sick, I tell you, SICK!

Again with my “breaking news” addiction. I cannot even make it to the fun steps in the 12 step program. Step Nine is my favorite step: the tracking down and apologizing for hurting people while in the ravages of addiction. This gives one a great excuse to look up people who thought they’ve put you out of their lives forever. When you show up with apologies, these folks are nearly obligated to forgive you – even though it’s all about your needs and likely they couldn’t give a rat’s ass for you or your stupid choices. Choices… like being an addict is a choice. Who would choose the life of Drudgery? I’ll skip back from my second tangent to the first tangent with this simple warning: you cannot use Step Nine as an defense against breaking a restraining order. Enough about that.

Back to the main point: news addiction is a frustrating mess. And why o why do I look at a site with a conservative (or at least a liberal-bashing) bias? Ditto FoxNews.

I'm not a total leftist but I certainly lean away from the current Republican agenda. While I have nothing against religion per se, I am frightened that the next civil war in this country will be between the Evangelical Christians and everyone else. I don’t see the Republican party goose-stepping down Pennsylvania Avenue but I certainly can imagine Ann Coulter whispering in the ear of a frustrated artist “Psst – Adolf, these liberals are the cause of all of your woes. They must be stopped at all costs. Perhaps they need to be taken to retreats where they are forced to concentrate on the evils of liberalism – we’ll call them Concentration Camps!”

And yet I find myself drawn toward looking at the websites which she advocates, and not only to keep an eye on the enemy.

Say what you will about the Republicans screwing with our civil rights, letting big companies poison our air and water, and waging war under tenuous pretenses at best; they have a much more efficient machine than the Democrats. They have much more charismatic leaders. To simplify: they give a good speech and they make the trains run on time.

If the Pope can have been a Nazi Youth because it was impossible for him to avoid such things, then I must admit to viewing Drudge, Fox, Coulter, O’Reilly, and the rest of the gang because I simply cannot avoid them. God help me. God help us all.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... Interesting post on voip fax phone. By the way... Just found this resource where you can post your own articles on voip fax phone - if you have something you want to share with the world. Besides, at the same time you'll get a link back to your own site on anything concerning voip fax phone - or whatever else you'd like... why don't you check it out for yourself now...

Roy Naka said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my pet finder.com related site. It pretty much covers pet finder.com stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

Joe Muka said...

Just surfing around late night and came upon your blog...I liked it.
My site about Att Voip is hard to have a blog for VOIP stuff and boring too

girl1872 said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about vigrx oil. It pretty much covers vigrx oil and other similar topics available.

freesxpar said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Yo, This blog is pretty neat. You should check out mine sometime. It pretty much covers franchise business opportunity related stuff.

girl1872 said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a what do men think about erectile dysfunction testing related site. Most of the articles are on what do men think about erectile dysfunction testing.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of making wood bead, I thought I mention you can make some beautiful silver beads and jewellery with Precious Metal Clay from Argentice. Thanks.

Steve Westphal said...

Hey, you have a very interesting blog here. I'm definitely going to bookmark you.

I have a illinois drug rehab
site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! A real pleasure to read! Do you know that Traffic Portals will really boost your conversion rates and generate exclusively yours leads? We offer VOIP webinars - Marketing Courses Using Web Conferences about Traffic Portals I also have a website that talks about various high profile topics such as Retirement and includes an eBusiness Directory. I also would like to tell all of you reading this terrific blog about Retirement that should you be in need of a terrific host for a serious eCommerce Website that www.Kiosk.ws is Awesome Hosting value! They have the best online support team for all of your technical questions and a 3 minute emergency pager too. Looking to start your own affiliate program? They have an excellent script for you! They give you $70,000 dollars worth of software to build just about any type of e-commerce website you need! Go check it out if you get a chance. You can make more money than you spend and Create Free Will for Yourself! Again, Great Blog! Thanks. The info on Retirement Sooner was very informative!

job opportunitya said...

Enchanting blog. Your site was off the chain and I
will return! I peep the web for blogs just like this
one.
Please come by and see my plastic surgery loan blog.

A. Weinberger said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about flyfone voip that covers flyfone voip related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

GPS Systems said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about gps unit, please feel free to visit.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read The best movie projectors Resorts sedona Premium toilet seat covers Mercedes amg c43 Air bag kits 1994 gmc sierra Hairy amature pussy Companion pop stopper up block pop up ad Gas heating stoves License plate frames covers caps chrome Downloadable popup blocker for free yahoo and msn toolbar popup blocker Air germicidal purifier Jobs of a medievil king Her first anal xxx Dvd player hdmi recorder seroquel trade generic name Mercedes benz ml 270 cdi side panel Jenna jameson bj lamb seat covers adware uninstall block pop up ads

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Zithromax dose for sinusitis adult Floating golf balls http://www.chevrolet-1.info teeth whitening