Sunday, April 17, 2005

Wet Clean-up on Aisle Three

Humor comes in the oddest places. Take your local supermarket or department store cash register, for example. Okay don’t actually take the cash register, but pay attention to the display the next time you are in line getting your items scanned.

I bought a rake and a pair of yard gloves from Wal-Mart yesterday. On the display (and the receipt) it showed: RAKE $12.49 (see, I told you I was not going to buy an expensive one), followed by: DYED COW $9.99.

Maybe it’s just me, but that made me smile. What if my wife was looking through receipts and demanded to know why I bought a dyed cow?

A better example of this was brought to my attention by my brother Jason. At Fred Meyer there is a brand of soup called “Harvest International.” When you buy a can of their vegetable soup it rings up on the display as: HIV SOUP.

I’m sorry, I’m putting back the HIV SOUP every time.

E

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bought a DYED COW? What color is it? Are we keeping it in our back yard? ha ha ha ha ha

Love ya babe

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord. I had actually forgotten about the whole HIV Soup business until you wrote it out.

We fired someone once for "Butt Wipe".
There are all kinds of things that happen inadvertantly in spellings and abbreviations. Often times they are innocent mistakes.

J

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

Anonymous said...

What a great site teen pussy Central florida bextra lawyers Texas holdem world poker tour book Bulter lexus Adult merchant account bank http://www.credit-report-2.info Diamond system in pool Volkswagen 64' Pharma online percocet pharmacy freezers Adderall xr diet plan Forex warning