Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Answer the door. It's the Antichrist.


My grandmother is a feminist. She's not an Andrea Dworkin "all sex is rape" type of feminist but she believes in the equality of women, the abomination of figurative and literal shafting women have gotten in the name of religion, and the supreme right of a woman to choose to have an abortion.

Since 1989 my grandmother has boycotted Domino's Pizza because its founder and CEO, Tom Monaghan, is anti-abortion and expresses his view with massive donations to Pro-Life groups.

I've often admired my grandmother's unwavering feminist stand. She is very thoughtful and tolerant but there are two groups she cannot abide: the Religious Right and the Republican Party. She too votes with her money, although she cannot match Mr. Monaghan's pile of cash.

I have avoided Domino's Pizza since those days, partly out of respect for my grandmother and partly because Domino's Pizza is pretty bad. I have never felt that Domino?s is anything but corporate pizza bad, until today.

Leafing through a week's worth of junk mail on my kitchen counter, I came across this ad. Immediately it jumped out at me: this meal deal brought to you by Satan. Your pies delivered in under thirty minutes by a rider on a pale horse.

The end is nigh, delivered with your choice of Cinna Stix or Buffalo Wings.
Posted by Hello

3 comments:

xTx said...

ha

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord. I wonder how they got the 6-6-6- past their proof and copy editor.

To carry your theme further, 2 climbers had to be rescued by helicopter from North Sister Mountain due to a "slush" slide, aka avalanche.

The Army black hawk helicopters that rescue them are adorned with a Red Cross Symbol on the nose of the chopper. (A bright red + )

These + signs are NUMBERED. I do not know if they are numbered by mission, serial number of chopper, or by rescue unit, etc.

In the live video of the evening news, the chopper that rescued these two climbers on North Sister Mountain displayed all over the tv screen was 666.

I don't know about you, but a big black helicopter marked 666..... I might wait for the next bus to come around....

J-bro

Anonymous said...

and here i thought "the noid" was a sure sign the end was nigh.