Saturday, May 20, 2006

Recently Read Books

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore
Read by Fisher "Short Circuit" Stevens.


Fantastic! I cannot recommend this book highly enough. It's funny as hell and it's the first time I've heard the word "fucktard" in an audiobook. One minor criticism: Stevens pronounces Ghiradelli as "jeer-ar-delly." I was taught to pronounce it as "gear-ar-delly," which after some research I have confirmed. Torques me off when readers don't do their homework and editors don't pick up on it.

Update: research from www.ghirardelli.com

Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag
Read by Holter Graham

A tight little thriller. Much better than:

Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline
Read by Barbara Rosenblat

Which is not nearly as tight, and not read as well.

~~

Another good read is my renter's blog, VaVaVoom !

3 comments:

smussyolay said...

i was always under the impression that it was jeer-a-deli as well. what definitive source nailed down your interpretation as correct?

Eric said...

I updated it. Perhaps Fisher Stevens is from "ill-a-noise" too, hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »