Sunday, December 04, 2005

Guest Blogger: Kelli Anderson - About last night...(rambling)

I went to my department Christmas party last night.

We are all friends and we went to see a local Christmas show. It's in a bar, but they have singers and dancers and they pretty much make fun of local politics and whatever is currently in the news. It's great.


We went last year to the show and I was so miserable. I was 124 pounds heavier and they have the chairs with the back that curves around you into the arms. I was literally stuffed into the seat. The chair was wobbly so I was terrified to move because I was afraid the darn thing would collapse. I had a few laughs.

Yesterday I dreaded all day going to this function because I didn't want to be stuffed into the chair and miserable again. Never did it occur to me that I wouldn't have that trouble this year. So reluctantly I drug myself in and sat down and didn't even touch the sides of the seat.

Oh my goodness. I felt like I was swimming in the chair.

Then I got up to go to the bathroom and ran into a friend I worked with about 7 years ago. I was talking and laughing and talking to her friends and smiling and catching up. I looked over at my husband and he was just looking at me smiling.

So finally their dinner came so I decided I'd let them eat and I'd go to the restroom. After that I went back to our table and slipped back into the seat and my husband said who are you and what did you do with my wife?

I looked at him confused and he said you were talking to people and smiling and laughing and so animated. He said you usually don't talk to people.

I was on top of the world.

He said he was so proud of me and that I just looked so beautiful. I have been dreading going to his Christmas party, but now I'm looking forward to it. I have a pretty dress and I'm going to go and have fun. This surgery has changed my life. It just keeps getting better and better. OK I'll stop rambling now.

I just wanted to share a little.

Kelli

~~
Originally written for Kelli's Bariatric Surgery board, I asked her if I could steal, er, share it here. I'm so proud of her! - E

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelli,

Your surgery didn't change just your life, it has changed all of our lives. We never expected Eric to be the "settling down" type, what with all the black belongings, dark candles, juggling torches, and gargoyle fixation. (I could go on, but you get the idea)

When he met you, he lightened. And in the union of our families, with the support and love of him, you lightened, literally! I'm sure that you could have done it on your own, but with such a valiant and steadfast champion as Vitamin-E in your midst, it is hard to even imagine a time where you wouldn't achive your goals.

The love is obvious, even to the strangers reading this blog, but its felt very tangibly by those who hold you both near and dear.


I'm glad that you feel good! It makes me feel good too.

Lindsey said...

that is wonderful Kelli....Congrats...you're looking great!!!!

John Cowart said...

Good for you, Kelli. Great posting. Well told. You writes as good as you looks.

xTx said...

yay!~

Anonymous said...

j-bro you brought tears to my eyes. You are just such a sweetheart and I'm proud that you are my brother-in-law. Eric has been my rock through all of this and in everything I do. He has supported me so much. I love him more every day. He is an amazing husband.

Lindsey thankyou so much. I feel great too.

John thankyou very much. I was a little embarrassed that I was a lazy and didn't punctuate correctly, but Eric said don't worry about it.

xtx- most definitely yay!!!

comadose thankyou so much. I knew life would be better if I lost weight, but never did I dream it would be this wonderful.

Kelli

Anonymous said...

My gosh...what's a Mom-in law to say. You are our sunshine Miss Kelli...for a lot of reasons. We are all so proud of you....and I am just thrilled that you are able to let that sunshine...shine all the time!! Eric is a blessed man, and we wouldn't have it any other way. Lots of love and hugs.

smussyolay said...

wow. it's so obvious that eric loves you mass love through his blog, and i've enjoyed getting to know him through his words and wit (but not in a creepy way! ha!!! i get to use it back on him!!) on this here blog...

BUT...

it's never made so more real than when a person speaks for themselves. i was in that room with you, and i could totally feel you light up and talk and feel great. i've had a little weight fluctuation over the last 4 years, and although it hasn't been as dramatic, i know when i feel good from the inside, everything feels good.

i know society puts a LOT of emphasis on us to look a certain way, especially women, but you have taken what seems to be a very important and serious step (i'd like to read up on bariatric surgery) to changing your life and health for the better and really revolutionizing your world.

i applaud you. have fun at that christmas party and tell us all about it.

smusses,
jocelyn

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
Low spread mini forex platform vibrator Xxx drink pee Hairy women dating sites Vibrator drive Strap on hunnies strap on and cuckold Student major medical insurance how to use a dildo Toy strory cartoon sex Free hot girls on webcams femdom anal dildos tapered Refinancing+online

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Do anything orgy 600 point fico store http://www.buyzyban.info/Replacing-a-diverter-back-washer.html Free hair loss baldness information Free project amateur Greek latin root words psycho Botox belgie