Saturday, July 07, 2007

Accentuate The Positive #5 Sing

Chicagoist journalist and blogger Smussyolay tagged me with a meme of 5 things I do to stay positive. While writing it I discovered I needed to write it in more than one post.
Here's the fifth thing:

Sing

Like the Bloodhound Gang's Jimmy Pop, I sing like an amputee: can't hold a note, can't carry a tune. Yet...

I love to sing along with the car stereo when driving alone. At work I can break into a Richard Cheese-esque bad lounge version of a popular song or do my very poor Bob Dylan impression singing rap songs. It's like karaoke night without alcohol.

I learned from Terri not to care about singing the wrong words.

I still sing “She’s like a one winged dove, sings a song sounds like she’s screamin’ ooh-ooh-ooh,” (because if I was a dove, and I lost a wing, I’d be screaming too).

I don’t know what the hell those Manfred Mann characters were smoking but evidently they were “wrapped up like a douche in the aroma of the night,” as far as I’m concerned.

Kelli and I do goofy duets. Just for us. Just for fun. Just because it's positive expression.

No comments: