Sunday, May 21, 2006

I'm a Doors fan, baby

cypress-hotel-doors
I've mentioned this before but I'm going to mention it again.

The number one security precaution you can take is to lock your doors.

Seems simple, right? I mean when you are home too!

I don’t care if you live in a town where you've never locked your doors at night or if you can leave a big pile of money on the porch and you know it would never be taken or if you can let your frisky 'in-season' collie run all over town off her leash.

If you lock your doors the bad guys will have a hard time getting in. Even the president has a problem with locked doors.

bush

Today a caller reported that a drunk and cracked up woman stormed into the caller's house (which was also occupied by the caller's two young children) and announced "I'm fucking drunk and I need some fucking tin foil to smoke some drugs." The caller gave the woman the foil just to get her out of the house. The caller proceeded to lock her door and call me.

While talking to me the drunk cracked up woman crouched by the caller's fence in the front yard and smoked her drugs in the foil then staggered down the street.

The caller was appalled. I would be too.

But guess what? Drunk cracked up women don't get in my house because my doors are locked. They can knock but (and here's step two) I don't have to let them in.

One can speak through a door with great ease and clarity. Try it sometime. It's fun.

mittensI'm not trying to sound superior to anyone or give an unwelcome lecture but for the love of dog, lock your doors!

locks

Thank you.

~~

You'll find VaVaVoom has an open door policy. Click on her blog and then go on in. Although if you get weird her dingo will eat your baby.

~~

Photos:

Cypress Hotel Doors

Locked Door

Bush

Cats