Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tabasco Pepper Stained Glass

I wanted to do something 3D, something I hadn't seen before, something fun.

Here is version 1 of 3D stained glass.




Yes that's an actual unopened bottle of Tabasco.

No, the project didn't come out quite as expected. The gap at the bottom bothers me but there has to be some gap because the bottle is not affixed to the stained glass, it's held in by pressure.

I didn't account for the fact that you cannot see through Tabasco sauce. It might as well be a bottle of barbecue sauce for all the light that gets through. While the green and red glass is brilliant in the sun, the bottle becomes a silhouette. Plus I'm told the sauce will eventually turn brown with age, even unopened.

Oh well. Live and learn. I think I'll try a mini bottle next time or drain the bottle and fill it with colored water.

3 comments:

Political Realm said...

Very cool, even if it didn't turn out as you had hoped.

Anonymous said...

I like it. Quite clever. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!!!!! I would have never thought of doing that! You should sell those, I need one for my chili pepper kitchen....so cute!