Sunday, May 01, 2005

Me Steal Pretty One Day

I had my first David Sedaris moment today.

No, I didn’t turn gay or decide that spiders are cool. Rather, I had my friend C from work tell me “I'm not sure whether to tell you any more stories because they might end up on your blog or in the newsletter.”

Hooray! That’s the best thing I heard all day.

Granted, I feel guilty because I don’t want her to think that I'm listening to her stories with the intent of stealing them for the blog. Also I'm scared that she will actually stop telling me stories because she tells great ones. But how cool is that comment? I got a big charge out of it and I don’t know exactly why. Well, maybe I do. I get a charge out of it because that means good stories are showing up on the blog – stories one might fear becoming totally public. Is that wrong?

I assured Connie that I wouldn’t tell stories about her without asking, or if I did that I would not use Connie’s real name.

Because that would be wrong.

1 comment:

xTx said...

i love david sedaris.
if he were straight i'd be stalking him.