Friday, September 09, 2005

A better mood, just an hour later. You think I mood swing too often?

The better mood came out of a simple conversation I had with my wife.

I mentioned that on the Katrina telethon tonight (afternoon Alaska time) the Dixie Chicks did a pretty song (although I don’t remember now what it was). Kelli was surprised that I liked the Dixie Chicks and asked if I’d heard the song “Goodbye Earl.”

E: “I love that song. Die, die, die, die, die, die. And I like that ‘Mudslide’ remake.”

K: “Landslide, honey”

E: “Yeah, yeah. And I like Pink Toenails, although that was before they got that Maines girl, y’know the chubby one who works at Lane Bryant”

K: “Natalie Maines

E: “Yeah, her. I have a question about that Earl song though.”

K: “Here it comes”

E: “No really. At then end, after they killed Earl, did they end up… um… together?”

K: “No, you dork, they were just friends.”

E: “I remember thinking that they ended up as more than just friends. I know they set up a stand and sold Tennessee Ham or something. But I got this whole ‘alternative bookstore’ vibe going.”

K: “You are a nut. Beside, they don’t have lesbians in the south.”

E: “er.. ah…”

K: “You know I’m kidding.”

E: “Yeah, I know. Like they don’t have rednecks either.”

K: “Exactly. It’s an urban legend.”

E: “Perhaps we’re both nuts.”

K: “Just you, dear.”

I could live with that.

6 comments:

ShellBug526 said...

I like the Dixie Chicks too. I really DON'T like country music, but they just work for me...

Anonymous said...

you are sooo funny ~

Anonymous said...

Eric have you really listened to the "Earl" song? There's got to be a great blog entry in that alone. I mean, consider all the social ramifications of that song. Not the least of which is... would a man be able to write a song about plotting and successfully carrying out the murder of his wife because she abused him?

Eric said...

Thanks for stopping by, Shellbug.

What anonymous is really saying is "Eric, get your CRAP together!"

Puck... ah.. it took me a little research to figure out why you chose Puck as your "handle" but it makes so much sense now. I think you are right about the double standard - there are some women who need killin' too!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work http://www.supplements-6.info/horse-racing-starting-gate.html

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »