Friday, September 09, 2005

Mood: Grumpy

The last couple of days I’ve been in a grumpy mood.

I think it’s partly to do with all the Katrina coverage and the fact that I feel pretty powerless in world events. I’m no more or less powerless than two weeks ago but I’m feeling it more now.

I watch MSNBC, because I cannot stomach FOXNews for long, but I really dislike Joe Scarborough, seriously dislike his style of commentary. I say commentary because, although is show is ostensibly a news show, it’s all commentary. He just picks, picks, picks at the government’s response and steers every statement by a guest toward how it relates to the failure of the local, state, and federal government. Did I mention that the time for pointing fingers is later? I think I did. Perhaps he doesn’t read my blog. Oh well.

It’s also allergy season again (well, it’s mostly always some kind of allergy season, isn’t it?) so I’m all stuffed up and whiney. Hate that. Of course, I could have gotten a cold because I stood out in the pouring rain screaming "I am the GOD OF THUNDER" for too long. There is that.

This grumpiness has trickled into the comment boxes of other folk’s blogs. I don’t intentionally pick fights with folks using other people’s forums… really! So if I’ve sullied your comment box with curt arguments with your other commenters, I’m sorry. I’ll try to be a better guest!

And yet, all this poor attitude and self-pity is absolutely silly. I have a wonderful life. I am madly in love with my wife, I have a great family, I have amazing friends (even those who think I am an ass to a greater or lesser degree these days), I have the opportunity to make decent money working with the best people in the field. I am totally blessed.

And I don’t have six to twelve feet of fecal soup in my neighborhood.

Jeez, what am I whining for?

4 comments:

m. said...

how'd you get that cool graveyard picture for your title?

Trée said...

I understand feeling out of sorts with the Katrina coverage. I'm from Louisiana and watching places I used to live in destroyed is very difficult. Thanks for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

You were always just waiting to use "Fecal soup" in a sentence since that damned aweful 60 minutes chicken story.

I still eat chicken, I just boil my mouth first.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Aristomat plotters